Saturday 2 October 2021

Day 2 Dogtober - FREE Jake the Dog Pattern & Video

Adventure Time is one of my favourite shows, so I obviously had to include my pal Jake in this October prompt list. I've seen many awesome Jake patterns out there but my current obsession is really tiny no-sew Amigurumi so I tried my best to make a tiny pocket sized Jake, almost entirely done in one continuous round (minus his muzzle). I hope you enjoy!

All my patterns are written in USA crochet terms. Abbreviations list is linked here

Materials:

Body:
1: MR (6)
2: INC x6 (12)
3: (1SC, INC) x6 (18)
4: 18SC (18)
5: In FLO: [1SL, 1CH, DC, 1CH, 1SL], 8SC, FLO: [1SL, In 1CH, 1DC, 1CH, 1SL] 8SC (18)
6: 18SC (18) *make sure to BLO for the FLO spots*
7: 18SC (18)
8: In FLO: [SL, 6CH, turn and 1DC in second last stitch from hook, 4SL, 1SL back into FLO] 8SC, In FLO: [SL, 6CH, turn and 1DC in second last stitch from hook, 4SL, 1SL back into FLO] (18)
9: 18SC (18) *make sure to BLO for the FLO spots*
10: 2SC, FLO: [SL, 6CH, turn and 1DC in second last stitch from hook, 4SL, 1SL back into FLO] 3SC, FLO: [SL, 6CH, turn and 1DC in second last stitch from hook, 4SL, 1SL back into FLO], 7SC, FLO: [ 1SL, 2CH, 1SL back into FLO] 3SC (18)
11: (1SC DEC) x6 (12) *make sure to BLO for the FLO spots*
Stuff.
12: DEC x6 (6) FO and close.

Muzzle:
1: 5CH
2: Turn and 3SC starting second CH from hook, 1SL last chain. Finish off and weave in ends.

Details and assembly:
  • Glue a small black triangle of felt on muzzle.
  • Use white felt circles for eyes and use black marker to make a black outline around them.
  • Glue down the eyes first, then the muzzle on top.

You're done! 
Enjoy your new friend.

If you're having issues with any of the instructions here is a video to follow along with!

Keep an eye on my blog or follow me on Instagram @MarikoHamade this month for more Dogtober showcases and free patterns.

Be sure to tag me in any posts of your creations for Dogtober and use the hashtag #DogtoberArt2021 I'll be sure to share them to my Instagram story.

You can sell items made with this pattern with credit to me as the pattern writer. You may not sell the pattern as your own.

Sprigatito Pokemon Free Pattern!

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed the Pokémon Direct and the new starters that were shown off. Today I offer you a free pattern for the grass ty...