Friday 1 October 2021

Day 1 Dogtober - Poochy

    Welcome to the first day of Dogtober, you can find the Art Prompt list here! Day 1 starts with Poochy, and this little guy is very dear to my heart for both nostalgia and for being the reason why I got into Amigurumi in the first place!
 
    Back before I made Amigurumi I played a little game called Yoshi's Wooly World on the Nintendo WiiU. I fell in love with it and promptly bought the 3DS version with Poochy in it. I wanted the Amiibo released for it so bad, but alas, I was broke af. I finally ended up acquiring a pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo but I was unable to get the sweet Poochy Amiibo I wanted so badly. So I took my knowledge of Crochet and thought, I could make my own, and I only just finally did. I started my Amigurumi journey making a simple Kirby (another series I love) and have slowly learned many skills since then. Finally, I now have made my Poochy Amiibo with a working NFC chip in his butt, and he will sit with my official Pink Yarn Yoshi and serve as a constant reminder to me that if I want something, I can just make it!

    The wonderful pattern is by Canal crochet with a few alterations so he could sit with the NFC chip accessible. I used my favourite cotton Mini Yarns from Dollarama as well as a pair of safety eyes. To make his spikes I used some recycled foil packaging. Although the pattern is not in English the video is easy to follow and I think he turned out great! I highly recommend this pattern if you want to make your own Poochy Amiibo. 

Keep an eye on my blog or follow me on Instagram @MarikoHamade this month for more Dogtober showcases and free patterns.

Be sure to tag me in any posts of your creations for Dogtober and use the hashtag #DogtoberArt2021 I'll be sure to share them to my Instagram story.

Sprigatito Pokemon Free Pattern!

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed the Pokémon Direct and the new starters that were shown off. Today I offer you a free pattern for the grass ty...